We're looking forward to meet you.
It always seems impossible, until it's done
Providing free access to IP, for safe and stable DC-based infrastructures in which congestion is avoided without central control.
Simple and agile!
The Current OS Foundation Board is expected to have 9 board members soon. Board members are among Gold partners. Schneider Electric and Eaton are the founding fathers of the Current OS Foundation and board members. DC Systems is also a board member in the starting phase of the foundation as the company was the developer of the protocol.
With Eaton and Schneider Electric as the founding fathers of the Current OS Foundation the Board currently consists of representatives from both parties accompanied by an envoy from DC Systems as this company was the developer of the protocol. It is the firm intention of the Board to expand the number of board members representing the Current OS Foundation.
For now, 4 working groups are activated by board decision, being:
- Adopter Relationships:
This group focusses on inviting potential Adopters to participate in one of the Adopters programs of the Foundation.
- communicate the goals and activities of the Foundation through its website and social media
- organizing Adopter events mostly during the major exhibitions of the industry
- Create manuals to guide the Partners participating in the different Partner programs on how to adopt their product to make it Current OS ready.
- Take care of continuous improvement of the Protocol by using the input from the Partners.
- Secure a high level of expertise. Recognized industry experts are invited by the Foundation to participate.
- Standardization Relationships:
This committee filled with industry experts focusses on helping standardization committees around the globe to understand the requirements for safe DC based energy distribution.
We welcome you to board on, and work together with us on making the energy transition a success.
We distinguish between Partners and Supporters:
- Partner: An entity requiring access to IP to develop/manufacture Current OS Ready products.
- Supporter: An entity not requiring access to IP (for example as a system integrator or installer) but still wishing to participate and support the roll out of Current OS based DC microgrids.
The partnership you need depends on the produc(s) you wish to make available for use in DC microgrids.
- Loads in zone 3 and 4 (see Zoning) with limited impact on system stability.
- Precharge Box.
- Variable speed drives without reverse power.
- All loads
- Secondary power sources
- Managed bidirectional systems (batteries, car chargers)
- All loads
- All sources incl. grid stability features
- All bidirectional systems incl. unmanaged (Variable speed drives with reverse power)
- Protection devices
- Black start devices
- Stability devices
Fees are there to keep the Foundation afloat.
The IP is fully controlled by the Foundation. Access to this IP only depends on your decision to team up as a Partner.
Below you find a listing of IP you will have has access to. It all depends on the type Partnership you choose!
Current OS IP listing
|Operating Voltages & limits||✓||✓||✓|
|Non linear droop response||✓|
|Node voltage calibration||✓||✓|
|Prioritizations on/off thresholds||✓||✓||✓|
|Ride through capacity||✓||✓||✓|
|Safety wire (passive)||✓||✓|
|Active safety wire (input/control/feed)||✓|
|Earth Vault (>10A)||✓|
|Bidirectional protection (>10A)||✓|
|IP for PV|
|Paralelling sources (converters)||✓||✓|
|Undirectional over current protection (<10A)||✓||✓|
|Undirectional short circuit protection (<10A)||✓||✓|
Below you can download some useful documents regarding our Foundation.
DC SYSTEMS presentation during the Europo LVDC event